Wednesday 7 March 2012

Rocket and salad leaves seek new home

I had no choice as I was stuck for trays for the propagator so I had to transplant some my greens sown last month. It's a good habit to be quick on the draw when it comes to transplanting, though if you are heavy handed when you are sowing the seeds you wil soon get fed up of the job.

paying for a heavy hand
Thats exactly what happened to me when I realised I had been way too generous with texel greens and baby salad leaves. Its a bit like pancake tuesday, you havent made a pancake in so long the first one goes horribly wrong until you re-master the skill for pancakes 2 and 3.

So in the coming weeks once they get to size I will pass some on to Eileen and be looking for homes for extra baby salad leaves, texel greens and rocket. Are there any interested parties?

If I had all the rabbits in "Curse of the ware rabbit" I doubt they could consume what these plants will produce! Anyway I just sowed more greens this month, and will be doing more every month so there is no way I can manage the amount I currently have. I got 110 seedlings from one of the trays alone- You'd run out of pots, labels and compost, (not to mention patience) in recod speed with quantities like that.

plant no 4566788999......exhaustion sets in quickly
Drop me a line, text me or just post to the comments section below if you want to try out some of these, all of whom (bar rocket) are new to me too. They will be hardened off for outside in the coming weeks as they get to size but if you have a tunnel they will do even better in the next few weeks for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment