Friday 9 March 2012

Out of season veg

I'm putting on my chefs hat here, step aside Nevin and Rachel, to tell you about the old community garden beetroot I roasted yesterday. I have a great recipie that I make in summer with roasted beetroot, salad leaves, scallions, parsley and feta cheese. It's divine. I will post it. Anyway I used the aged beetroot for the recipie and I was pleasantly surprised! No sweetness of course, the beetroot is gone too mature for that but very edible and soft, not woody at all. It goes to show you that veg you might throw out this time of the year when you are clearing beds can be still edible. Food for thought !

hungry?

By the way saw Nevin in action at Ballymaloe last night and immediately thought of  Eoin Mc Love from Fr. Ted! He's an ould dote isint he?Gordon Ramsey would eat him for breakfast. Actually that would make great viewing! Nevin mild mannered and sweet working with Gordon in a high pressue restaurant serving old ladies with baskets of kittens and hungry double amputees training for the olympics!! Cough up the money Channel 4 its a winner!!! Yes its incredibly politically incorrect. Switch blog if you are offended.

Excuse my spellings on these posts, the spell checker is refusing to work today. All this talk of food is making me too hungry to type. I'm off!!

2 comments:

  1. Now I know where to go for a laugh
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey John!
      if you know anyone in channel 4 I'll go halves with you!!

      Delete